I just drank a glass of sparkling (mmmm, 🙂 ) since this place managed to destroy the post I had written. 🙁 (sparkling was :)) though).
I’ll try to write the majority.
The goals I set for myself the last time:
- Enabling the writing systems (hiragana, katakana) on my computer
- Learning the katakana
- Listen regularly to Japanese music //which is not difficult at all since I’m doing it quite a bit right now due to the fact that my usual stuff has quite bored me, 😛 //
- Memorizing & understanding certain word-lists
Done. All of them. There’s a catch though. 🙂 I learned the katakana, but I can remember only about half of them right now.
A bit understandable since they seem to be less necessary than katakana if I’m learning Japanese (and not the other way round). I’ve also enabled the writing systems on my computer through the use of another word processor which allows me to: にほんごがかきます。 カタカナカキマス。==> I can write in hiragana, katakana (and kanji), but I need to copy it to any other page where I may need to use it.
Also, about music: listened to it quite a bit (actually Japanese bands
and Koit Toome sums my last month in music up pretty well, 😉 ) however quite a bit of my listening is made up of Capsule — and a decent amount of it is in English (very good though!!!).
So, some goals for the next month as well, I believe.
- improving usage of katakana
- familiarizing myself with hiragana
- learning at least one word-list per week, preferably two
- processing one chapter of Heisig’s masterpiece on kanji a week as a
- listening to more Japanese-language music (== less Capsule 🙁 )
- finding at least one audiobook to listen to even though I’ll understand very little at first.
That is all for now. I’ll try to make the next update a little bit closer to the actual +1 month that I set for myself, and not edit the date. 😉